New Product Development
Every day, SNF research laboratories work to develop new products and processes to meet the varied needs of our diverse customer base. SNF’s ability to react and respond quickly to new technical challenges is at the very heart of its world-wide development efforts. SNF’s R&D Development Department serves as the interface between production and product applications, to ensure that our developments remain market-focused.
Technical R&D Services
In addition to facilities for analyzing and developing new products, the R&D department has expanded to include pilot laboratories for many different applications. The aim is to optimize the development of new molecules derived from research, and to provide effective technical support for SNF’s customers in the field.
Our Research, Development, and Innovation activities are conducted by dedicated research teams, specializing in:
- Chemistries: new monomers, a combination of monomers, macromolecular architectures, tagged technologies, delayed action and triggered polymers, as well as innovative formulations and compositions.
- Upscaling Capabilities: from 100 mL to 50 m3 batch sizes, along with kilo lab and pilot batches.
- Application Properties: from existing to new applications cross-fertilization.
- Analytical Chemistry: an advanced, industry-leading array of spectroscopic, rheological, and chromatographic laboratory equipment to characterize our chemistries.
- Equipment and Technologies: provide on-site customer application support to optimize and minimize polymer usage and assist with monitoring technologies.
With these teams’ combined efforts, SNF can design and offer the best products and services to satisfy our customers’ needs and expectations regarding product quality, performance, and environmentally conscious design.